Begin A River Adventure Reservation Here!
(For Mobile Devices, Scroll Down And Read About River Adventure Reservations First)
River Adventure Reservations
First, read this entire section for the information you need to know about the river adventures as well as the Dan River Adventures tab(s) to answer most, if not all, of your questions about our services and options, then fill out the reservation form on this page and submit.
Due to COVID-19, we are experiencing an unexpected increase in river adventures (tubing mainly) that has pushed us beyond our capacity. Currently, our capacity is limited by state regulations, which we must comply with. Please book your reservation as far in advance as possible, so we can ensure a river adventure will be available. In order to keep things running smoothly, everyone must make a river adventure reservation by using our reservation form on this page. Please do not call and leave a message or email us. We will call you after we receive your reservation submission.
River adventures are offered Wednesdays through Sundays. Saturdays and Sundays get booked up the quickest. It is recommended to book at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance of your preferred river adventure date. We require reservations for all river adventures; tubing kayaking and canoeing.
Your reservation will require a credit card payment; parties of 4 or less, must be paid in full. Parties of 5 or more require a 50% deposit. Parties of 5 or more need to coordinate and have one credit card payment to pay the balance when you arrive. Cash is not accepted.
Large groups of 15 people or more qualify for a 10% discount.
If, after going thru our river adventure web pages and you still have questions, send us an email at: email@example.com
- Note – not all tubes may be available. The double river tube is very popular and we only have a limited number of them. In addition, we can only shuttle a limited number of double tubes per each trip.
- Your river adventure reservation IS NOT complete until we call and speak with you and get your credit card information. Simply submitting the reservation form does not secure you a reservation.
Tubing Adventure time is approximately 2.5 hours right now (7/16/20).
River Adventure Hours of Operation – Wednesday thru Sunday (Closed Monday and Tuesday)
Tubing / Kayaking / Canoeing Adventure Time Slots
Wednesday thru Saturday – Shuttle buses leave;
9AM / 10:30AM / 12PM and 1:30PM. Last shuttle bus leaves at 1:30PM.
Sunday – Shuttle buses leave:
10:30AM / 12PM and 1:30PM. Last shuttle bus leaves at 1:30PM.
Due to the nature of the Dan River in this area, it is almost impossible to stop on or along the river or river banks. The current is slow but very strong. If you are in the water, you will get carried along by the current so all day tubing adventures or extended float times are not available.
In addition, the river bank(s) in this area are not state parks or public land, almost the entire river bank is private property between the 704 Bridge and Dan River Campground and River Adventures property.
The Following Is Not Allowed At This Time Due To River Conditions:
- No hard-sided coolers – we will not allow any type of hard-sided cooler to be floated.
- Tubes tied together with a rope / tether.
- People who cannot swim, are not good swimmers or who may feel uncomfortable having to swim in the river with no tube.
- Children 3 years of age and under.
- No canoe or kayak rentals or shuttles at this time due to being short-staffed.
- No personal tubes or a shuttle / transport for personal tubes.
** Children 4 -10 years old can ride in their own tube and it can be tied to a parent tube. This IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION FOR TUBES BEING TIED TOGETHER.
We Do Not Shuttle Personal Tubes – No Exceptions.
The Following Is Allowed In Lieu Of A Hard-Sided Cooler:
- Small soft-sided cooler bags, dry water bags or small backpacks for water or beverages.
- These small bags can be placed in the tube with you. No ropes or strings are allowed to be attached to the tube(s).