At Dan River Campground our intention is to provide a natural, clean, safe environment so that everyone who visits can enjoy the outdoors whether that be participating in river activities, using the pool, playing games or just relaxing. Your cooperation is needed and appreciated. Please respect fellow campers and our rules. Those of you who bring pets; we know pets are special to you, so please follow the pet rules so we can continue to allow pets in the campground.
Smokers please do not throw your butts on the campground premises. Ensure all butts are extinguished before throwing them into waste bins.
RESERVATIONS & DEPOSITS
For reservations fewer than 7 days, a deposit equal to one nights stay will be charged to your card in order to hold your camp site. Your deposit is fully refundable pending you cancel your reservation 10 days or more prior to your check-in date. The deposit will apply directly to your balance upon arrival and the remainder of your balance will be due at check-in.
For reservations between 8-30 days, a deposit equal to half of your stay will charged to your card in order to hold your camp site. Your deposit is fully refundable pending you cancel your reservation 30 days or more prior to your check-in date. The deposit will apply directly to your balance upon arrival and the remainder of your balance will be due at check-in.
For stays over 30 days, a deposit equal to half of your stay will charged to your card in order to hold your site. Your deposit is fully refundable pending you cancel your reservation 60 days or more prior to your check-in date. The deposit will apply directly to your balance upon arrival for single-month stays and will apply to the second month for multiple-month stays. The remainder of your balance will be due at check-in.
Deposits are charged for all reservations. For certain holidays, we enforce a strict cancellation policy as well as our minimum 3-night stay. Any reservations cancelled within 10 days of the start of the holiday will be subject to the full price of the reservation. No exceptions for weather. Our 2019 holidays include Labor Day, Memorial Day and Fourth of July.
**We reserve the right to move or change your requested reservation or site for any reason and will contact you if such action is required.
Everyone entering the campground initially must stop at the office first.
Driving and Parking
Drive slowly, the speed limit is 10MPH coming into the campground and 5MPH in the campground. Drive on roads only. Park on gravel where possible.
All dogs are to be kept quiet and on a leash at all times everywhere in the park. Do not tie dogs to trees or where they can damage trees or other foliage. No rottweiler, pit bull or other dangerous breeds. Please clean up after your dog. If you do not pick up after your pet, you will be asked to leave the campground immediately. Pets are not allowed in the pool area or in the bathhouse.
Parents shall watch their children and be responsible for them. Children under 6 must be supervised in restrooms.
Check-In & Check-Out Times
Rates are based on 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Additional persons per site are
$6 per day. 6 person limit per site.
Extra tents on sites are an additional $20 per tent per stay. This price includes the cost of 4 additional adults. Please let us know if you plan to bring an additional tent as most of our sites are sized for single-family use and the tent site may not be large enough for additional tents.
Guests are welcome for daytime visits. If your guest spends the night, then that is considered an “additional person” on your site and this will incure a guest charge of $6. There is a limit of 6 persons per site.
If you already have two vehicles at your site, your guest should inquire where to park.
Everyone entering the campground must register at the office.
- Fires are permitted in fire rings only.
- Collecting dead wood and other tree debris for your campfire is allowed, but do not cut live trees or bushes.
- Do not move fire rings.
- Do not burn aluminum cans, glass, trash, or construction materials.
- Do not use fire rings for trash.
- Fishing in pond is catch and release only.
- Please remember to clean up your fishing spot (bait, boxes, and other trash ).</li
No smoking in the restrooms please. Restrooms are cleaned and tended to regularly. Please clean up after yourself and be considerate of the next camper.
- No wastewater should be let out or dumped on the ground, use dump station
- Quiet hours are 10pm to 7am. Children are to be with parents during quiet hours.
- Radios/stereos are allowed inside your RV at low volume or outside at very low volume.
- No chainsaws or generators.
- Harm to property, trees and wildlife is cause for eviction.
- Management reserves the right to request anyone to vacate the campgrounds for unlawful or unruly behavior.
- No firearms, fireworks, or explosives of any kind.
- No washing cars or trailers at any time.
- No rowdy or disorderly conduct will be tolerated.
- No chemicals in holding tanks (use biodegradable products please).
- Rule are enforced for the benefit of everyone and the integrity of the campground.
- Refund Policy
- No refunds
.Last page update: 04/06/19