Alcohol and Common Sense
While alcohol is allowed by Rockingham County on the Dan River public waterway, we extend you the privilege to bring your alcohol onto Dan River Adventures property temporarily until we shuttle you to the Dan River public access point(s). Please be responsible while we transport you to the public river access points. This privilege can be revoked at anytime, without warning, by Dan River Adventures and its employees.
- Alcohol consumption (open containers) on Dan River Adventures property is not allowed.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed while waiting to board our shuttle bus.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the shuttle bus or as we are driving you to the public river access point.
- Do not open your alcoholic beverages until you are on the river.
- Remember, being exposed to the sun magnifies the effects of alcohol consumption. Drink responsibly and have fun. Drink water so you do not get dehydrated. We have seen many people try to get out of the river who had too much to drink and its not pretty.
What to bring for your tubing / canoe / kayak adventure;
- Water shoes or old sneakers (Crocs are great, flip flops are not)
- Towels, change of clothes.
- Small cooler – Pack your food so that you can eat as you float (No larger than 12pk cooler for kayaks. Soft style cooler is best for kayaks)
- Your favorite beverage (In a can)
- Bring a waterproof pouch for mobile phones and cameras. Many phones have been lost in the Dan river. (Available for purchase)
- Shorts or a bathing suit
- Straps for eye-wear (Available for purchase)
Please keep our rivers clean and do not litter.
Do I need to make a reservation?
Yes. When you reserve in advance, we will hold a date and time slot with a credit card, but it will not be charged until the day of your adventure to ensure the weather is suitable.
What do I need to make a reservation?
When you call in to make a reservation we need a credit card to hold the reservation, the number of people in your party, date, time slot and the type of tubes you want.
How long does your tubing trip take?
Our float times vary depending on the river conditions. The average float time is 2.5 hours. Generally, as the summer progresses, float times increase.
How is this section of the Dan River?
This area of the Dan River is very easy going. There are some light rapids (class one). There is always enough water to float the entirety of your trip.
Where do I go to check in for a tubing adventure?
When you arrive at Dan River Campground and River Adventures, turn left and go down to the bright yellow check-in booth.
What should I bring with me on my trip?
We recommend bringing a medium size hard-sided cooler with drinks and snacks. Pack your cooler so that you can eat as you float. Don’t forget your sunscreen. Shoes to wear in the river are also recommended.
What about towels and change of clothes?
Clothing, towels and other personal items should be stored in your vehicle until you return. Keys can be held in the office. We have changing booths available should you wish to change your clothes before or after your river trip.
Is there a picnic area?
We have added a shaded picnic area for our guests to enjoy.
What happens if I damage a tube or lose a tube?
We understand that accidents happen and that the river is unpredictable. However, you are responsible for equipment rented from us such as tubes, coolers, life vests, kayaks, canoes, oars, etc until they are returned and check by us and deemed in good shape. Damage to equipment due to negligence, cigarettes, tied together tubes, or sharp objects will be billed to individuals accordingly. Customers are responsible for getting the equipment out of the river and up to the top of the river access. Equipment left in the river that floats downstream is considered lost and the customer will be billed accordingly.
What do we do with our trash?
Please bring a trash bag or other plastic bags to collect and store your trash until you return to the campground. Be responsible and do not litter. You can throw your trash away when you return to the campground.
The following items should be left at home:
All types of glass and Styrofoam
Rope (Leads will be provided for your coolers and small children)