*Canoe / Kayak Adventures (and shuttles for personal kayaks) Will Not Be Available This Season Due To Being Short-Staffed*
Kayak / Canoe Rental Pricing
Kayaks – $35 (your choice of kayak based on availability)
Canoes – $60
Canoe or Kayak Shuttle Service – We will shuttle your canoe or kayak to the public river access point. Shuttle service coincides with the below schedule. Shuttle service is $20 per vessel. You must reserve a shuttle ride, just like a tubing / canoe or kayak rental.
Email us at: email@example.com to schedule your canoe or kayak shuttle and we will call you to complete the reservation.
Canoe / kayak times are approximately 2 ~ 4 hours depending on river conditions.
River Adventures During COVID-19 (Updated July 16th, 2020)
We are still in Phase 2 of North Carolina Reopening until August 7th, 2020. We must practice social distancing and awareness while out in public places. Since we use shuttle buses to take customers to the public river access points, we are implementing temporary measures to help maintain social distancing practices and hygiene per the CDC & Federal government guidelines. The safety of our staff and customers is first and foremost.
The following measures will apply to all river adventures this 2020 season:
- Reservations are recommended. We will try and accommodate walk-ins, but safety is our first priority while trying to get you out on the river for an adventure. Our capacity to take people to the public river access is limited, so there may be delays.
- New river adventure schedule / times; see below.
- Each person must wear a face mask when approaching or interacting with Dan River Adventure personnel. Face masks must also be worn on the shuttle buses until you arrive at the public river access point.
- Each person must sign a COVID-19 waiver form. This form holds harmless Dan River Campground and River Adventures for any flu-type illness, should you contract, after your river adventure.
- If you have been sick with fever (or any flu type symptoms) in the last 30 days, you will not be allowed to board our shuttle bus.
- Shuttle buses will be limited to a maximum of 10 people per trip.
- Shuttle buses will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each trip. Tubes and equipment will also be cleaned and sanitized.
To help keep us on schedule;
- Download, sign and bring your waiver(s) with you.
- Show up a minimum of 45 minutes early to check-in and turn in your waiver(s).
- If you bring a cooler ensure it is the appropriate size to fit in the canoe or kayak and it is packed and ready to go when you arrive. Please bring it to the check-in area so we can prepare it for loading onto the trailer.
- If you plan to rent one of our coolers, bring everything to the check-in area as soon as possible, so we can prepare your cooler.
River Adventure Hours of Operation – Wednesday thru Sunday (Closed Monday and Tuesday)
Tubing / Kayaking / Canoeing Adventure Time Slots
Wednesday thru Saturday – Shuttle buses leave;
9AM / 10:30AM / 12PM and 1:30PM. Last shuttle bus leaves at 1:30PM.
Sunday – Shuttle buses leave:
10:30AM / 12PM and 1:30PM. Last shuttle bus leaves at 1:30PM.
Due to the nature of the Dan River in this area, it is almost impossible to stop on or along the river or river banks. The current is slow but very strong. If you are in the water, you will get carried along by the current so all day tubing adventures or extended float times are not available.
In addition, the river bank(s) in this area are not state parks or public land, almost the entire river bank is private property between the 704 Bridge and Dan River Campground and River Adventures property.
Our Last Shuttle Bus Departs At 1:30PM To Take The Last Group Of People Tubing / Kayaking / Canoeing For The Day
When you reserve / book a river adventure you are renting equipment from Dan River Adventures. You are responsible for the equipment until it is returned to us. Equipment may include; tubes, canoes, kayaks, paddles, coolers, tubes for cooler flotation or personal flotation devices (life vest). In the rare event a tube is punctured and deflates, it is your responsibility, if possible, to retain the tube and return it to us.
We understand that accidents happen and that the river is unpredictable. Damage to equipment due to negligence, cigarettes, tied together tubes, or sharp objects will be billed to individuals accordingly. Customers are responsible for getting the equipment out of the river and up to the top of the river access. Equipment left in the river that floats downstream is considered lost and the customer will be billed accordingly.