Welcome to Dan River Adventures – Please Read Below Before Booking A River Adventure (Updated 6/29/20)
Tubing Adventures Are Available Wednesday Thru Sunday.
The Following Is Not Allowed At This Time Due To River Conditions:
- Cooler tubes or floating of coolers with a rope / tether.
- Tubes tied together with a rope / tether.
- People who cannot swim, are not good swimmers or who may feel uncomfortable having to swim in the river with no tube.
- Children under 10 years of age.
- No canoe or kayak rentals or shuttles.
Tubing Adventures Are Available For Reservations
To ensure you are reserving your river adventure at the correct location, please note the following: We are not “The Dan General Tubing Company” or “Dan River Company” (We are not in Danbury or near Hanging Rock. We do not have a swimming hole or rope to swing from)
We are located off US220 / NC135 just a few miles away from the Walmart in Mayodan.
We are an outfitter for tubes, canoes and kayaks for a fun-filled day on the beautiful Dan River in Rockingham County, NC. All Dan River Adventures include shuttle services to the public river access point(s) and we will also shuttle people that have their own canoes / kayaks. This part of the Dan River has been rated as Class I and Class II; easy paddling for the beginner.
We Do Not Transport Personal Tubes On Our Shuttle Buses – No Exceptions
We are near Madison and just a 30 to 45 minute drive from Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Hanging Rock State Park and Martinsville VA. River Adventures depart from Dan River Adventures located on the Dan River Campground property and you float back to the campground.
724 Webster Rd (use 722 Webster Rd, for Apple GPS devices)
Stoneville, NC 27048
Call To Reserve Your River Adventure:
Due to the high volume of calls between Memorial Day and Labor Day, we may not be able to answer the phone without voice mail picking up. Please leave a message or attempt to call back to make a reservation. Additionally, you can email us at: email@example.com and leave your phone number so we can call you back to book a reservation.
River Trips are offered Wednesdays through Sundays. Saturdays and Sundays get booked up the quickest. It is recommended to book at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance of your preferred river adventure date. We require reservations for all river adventures; tubing kayaking and canoeing. We will hold a reservation with your credit card, but it will not be charged until the day of the river adventure. A group / party / family will need to coordinate and have one credit card payment.
We strongly discourage walk-ins, but if you do, we will try to fit you into the schedule for the day. If you know you are going to be a walk-in, please call and see what the schedule looks like.
- No refunds.
- Cancellations without a 24 hour notice will be charged for the reserved river adventure(s).
- Cancellations with more than a 24 hour notice will not be charged for the reserved river adventure(s).
- No shows will be charged for reserved river adventure(s).
- “24 hour notice” is defined as 24 hours before the date of your reserved river adventure(s), regardless of reservation time for that day.