Please contact Dan River Campground to reserve more than 7 days at (336) 427-8530
We Are Open And Accepting Online Reservations (Updated 4/11/21)
To View Campsites, Check Campsite Pricing & Amenities; Select A Date Range & Click “View Your Campsite”.
** Note: If you select a date(s) and no campsites are available, you will be brought back to this page and no campsites will be shown. This means we are fully booked for the date(s) you have selected.
2021 Camping Season
We anticipate the 2021 camping season to be extremely busy. To maintain the beauty and integrity of the campground, we are strictly adhering to our policy of 8 people maximum per campsite. Book your reservation(s) as early as you can to ensure you get the dates you desire.
** Please Note > Due to an overwhelming response to camp, please review our cancellation / refund policy BEFORE booking a campsite. If you have to cancel, we strictly adhere to our cancellation policy.
Tent Camping Update: In order to provide all campers with a clean, sanitary and well maintained bath house, we have limited the availability of tent camping sites. Tent camping has the potential ability to overwhelm the bath house.
COVID-19 Liability Disclaimer
Dan River Campground and River Adventures has put in place enhanced health and safety measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must adhere to all property policies and rules, as well as all health advisories issued by relevant governmental and health authorities, relating to COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene practices during your stay with us.
However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and there is no guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19 while on Dan River Campground and River Adventures property.
By your entry upon Dan River Campground and River Adventures property, you voluntarily assume, on behalf of yourself, minors in your custody or any other family members, all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after entering or visiting Dan River Campground and River Adventures property. Neither Dan River Campground and River Adventures nor any of its affiliates, officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for any exposure to COVID-19.
Evening Check-In Time – We would like all campers to be checked-in by 7PM. We understand that this may not always be possible, however, if you are going to arrive AFTER 7PM, please let us know when booking your reservation in the “Notes” section or email us and let us know so we can arrange to have someone available to check you in.
Check-In: Monday ~ Saturday – 1PM / Check-Out: 12PM, Check-In: Sunday – 3PM / Check-Out: 2PM
Online Camping Reservations
- Rates are based on 6 people per site. Extra guests are $6 per day per site. All sites have a 8 person limit. If you have more than 6 people in your camping party (per site), you can pay for the extra guest(s) when you check in at the office.
- Tents are not allowed on full hook-up RV sites.
- Tent sites have a limit of two occupancy tents per site.
- We DO NOT allow people to book a campsite and sleep in your vehicle. You must have a tent or a class of RV, such as; Class A, Class B (camper van), Class C, travel trailer, 5th wheel, etc. A van or SUV with a mattress or sleeping bag IS NOT allowed.
- We DO NOT allow golf carts or any other type of vehicle in this category. If you have some type of motorized apparatus for health issues, please let us know before you check-in.
- Daytime visitors to registered campers are welcome at no charge. Visitor hours are 9AM – 10PM. Visitors must stop by the office to check-in. There is a 2 visitor limit and visitors are not permitted to bring pets. Campers are not allowed to let in visitors unless authorized by the office.
- For RV sites; holiday (Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend) and Martinsville Race Weekends require a 3-day reservation.
- Be sure that the site you choose is large enough to accommodate your RV / Camper and has the services you want.
Weekly Camping Rate
When you book 7 nights at the regular rate, you get one night free.
- 30 amp campsite: $256 per week (This rate includes the free night)
- 50 amp or 30 amp corner campsite: $286 per week (This rate includes the free night)
- When you book online, the discount will not apply. When you check-in, we will give you a cash refund for the free night
Group Tent Camping Sites
We have two primitive group tent camping areas for scouts or other large groups. These sites have two picnic tables and two fire rings. More tables and fire rings are available if needed. There is no power or water on the primitive group tent sites. Access to the bath house and water is just a short walk away.
These sites are priced per person, per night: $8 for adults and children 8 and older.
These sites are fairly large and can easily accommodate 30 to 40 people. Please call to inquire about primitive group tent camping sites and availability.
Types Of RV’s / Campers Allowed At Dan River Campground
Safety is very important to us at Dan River Campground and River Adventures. All RV’s that enter Dan River Campground and River Adventuresproperty must be clean (exterior) and in good working condition. In certain cases, we can “exempt” certain older RV’s if they have been restored. Call to discuss an RV exemption. Fire is always a hazard when living quarters are not built correctly and / or in accordance with modern manufacturing standards. Therefore, we do not allow the following;
- Home made “campers, RV’s or other indoor living shelters on wheels”.
- Van’s, trucks, buses or storage / animal trailers converted for use as a “indoor living shelter”.
- All RV’s (travel trailers, fifth wheels, class A/B/C RV’s, truck campers, pop-ups, etc) must be or have been manufactured by an established RV manufacturer. This ensures that the RV was manufactured in accordance with and passed safety standards at the time of manufacture.
All dogs need to be on a leash at all times while outside of your camper everywhere on the campground, including by the river and walking trails. Dog harnesses are preferred for all dog types.
If you are tent camping, then dogs need to be on a leash and securely tethered so your dog cannot infringe on adjacent campsites. It is recommended that dogs inside tents should remain on a leash and tethered so dogs cannot egress the tent.
Dogs found roaming around the campground is a serious policy violation and the camper will be notified to vacate the campground immediately. Excessive dog barking will not be tolerated. The owner of barking dogs will be given one notice. Subsequent dog barking will result in being evicted from the campground.
Do not tie dogs to trees or where they can damage trees or other foliage.
German Shepherd, Chow, Rottweiler, Pitbull or other potentially aggressive breeds or aggressive behavior, in general, is not allowed.
Clean up after your dog. Not picking up after your pet, will result in being evicted from the campground. Pets are not allowed in the pool area or in the bathhouse.
Shot records should be up to date and proof of record must be brought with you to the campground.
Aggressive acts by any dog will be means for removal. Campers will be responsible for removing the dog immediately.
While we love all types of animals, we do not allow cats in or on the campground unless they are strictly indoor pets. Outdoor cats are a hazard to themselves and with the natural setting of the campground, there are a lot of predators that may mistake your cat for part of the food chain. In addition, outdoor cats jump on cars and trailers, which your neighbor may not appreciate. Lastly, outdoor cats have a bad habit of not picking up after themselves.
Pets are not permitted in the pool area (within the fence) or bath house.
If you book online and you arrive with pets on our “not allowed” list, you will not be allowed to check-in and your reservation will be cancelled.