Please contact Dan River Campground to reserve more than 7 days at (336) 427-8530
Note: If you select a date(s) and no campsites are available, you will be brought back to this page and no campsites will be shown. This means we are fully booked for the date(s) you have selected.
To Check Campsite Pricing / Check Campsite Amenities / View Campsites, Select A Date Range And Click “View Your Campsite”.
** Most of our campsites are full hook-up with 30 amp and / or 50 amp service. These sites book up the fastest.
Check-In: 1PM / Check-Out: 12PM (Monday ~ Saturday)
Check-In: 3PM / Check-Out: 2PM (Sunday)
Evening Check-In Time – We would like all campers to be checked-in by 7PM. We understand that this may not always be possible, however, if you are going to arrive AFTER 7PM, please let us know when booking your reservation in the “Notes” section or email us and let us know so we can arrange to have someone available to check you in.
Online Camping Reservations
- Rates are based on 6 people per site. Extra guests are $6 per day per site. All sites have a 8 person limit. If you have more than 6 people in your camping party (per site), you can pay for the extra guest(s) when you check in at the office.
- Tents are not allowed on full hook-up RV sites.
- Tent sites have a limit of two occupancy tents per site.
- Daytime visitors to registered campers are welcome at no charge. Visitor hours are 9AM – 10PM. Visitors must stop by the office to check-in. There is a 2 visitor limit and visitors are not permitted to bring pets. Campers are not allowed to let in visitors unless authorized by the office.
- For RV sites; holiday (Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend) and Martinsville Race Weekends require a 3-day reservation.
- Be sure that the site you choose is large enough to accommodate your RV / Camper and has the services you want.
Pets (Limit = 2)
Dogs – All dogs need to be on a leash at all times while outside of your camper. Dog harnesses are preferred for all dog types. If you are tent camping, then dogs need to be on a leash and securely tethered so your dog cannot infringe on adjacent campsites. Dogs inside tents should remain on a leash and tethered so dogs cannot egress the tent. Dogs found roaming around the campground with no leash / harness will incur an immediate vacate order from campground management. Excessive dog barking will not be tolerated. The owner of barking dogs will be given one notice. Subsequent dog barking will result in being asked to leave the campground. Do not tie dogs to trees or where they can damage trees or other foliage. German Shepherd, Chow, Rottweiler, Pitbull or other potentially aggressive breeds are not allowed. If your dog is well behaved, call the office to discuss. Please clean up after your dog. If you are caught not picking up after your pet, you will be asked to leave the campground immediately. Pets are not allowed in the pool area or in the bathhouse. Shot records should be up to date and proof of record must be brought with you to the campground.
Cats – While we love all types of animals, we do not allow cats in or on the campground unless they are strictly indoor pets. Outdoor cats are a hazard to themselves and with the natural setting of the campground, there are a lot of predators that may mistake your cat for part of the food chain. In addition, outdoor cats jump on cars and trailers, which your neighbor may not appreciate. Lastly, outdoor cats have a bad habit of not picking up after themselves.
If you book online and you arrive with pets on our “not allowed” list, you will not be allowed to check-in and your reservation will be cancelled.
Group Tent Camping Sites
We have two primitive group tent camping areas for scouts or other large groups. These sites have two picnic tables and two fire rings. More tables and fire rings are available if needed. There is no power or water on the primitive group tent sites. Access to the bath house and water is just a short walk away.
These sites are priced per person, per night: $8 for adults and children 8 and older.
These sites are fairly large and can easily accommodate 30 to 40 people. Please call to inquire about primitive group tent camping sites and availability.
Types Of RV’s / Campers Allowed At Dan River Campground
Safety is very important to us at Dan River Campground and River Adventures. All RV’s that enter Dan River Campground and River Adventures property must be clean (exterior) and in good working condition. In certain cases, we can “exempt” certain older RV’s if they have been restored. Call to discuss an RV exemption. Fire is always a hazard when living quarters are not built correctly and / or in accordance with modern manufacturing standards. Therefore, we do not allow the following;
- Home made “campers, RV’s or other indoor living shelters on wheels”.
- Van’s, trucks, buses or storage / animal trailers converted for use as a “indoor living shelter”.
- All RV’s (travel trailers, fifth wheels, class A/B/C RV’s, truck campers, pop-ups, etc) must be or have been manufactured by an established RV manufacturer. This ensures that the RV was manufactured in accordance with and passed safety standards at the time of manufacture.