Please contact Dan River Campground to reserve more than 7 days at (336) 427-8530
Note: If you select a date(s) and no sites are available, you will be brought back to this page and no sites will be shown.
To Check Pricing / View Campsites / Check Amenities, Select A Date Range And Click “View Your Campsite”.
Check-In: 1PM / Check-Out: 12PM
- Rates are based on 6 people per site. Extra guests are $6 per day per site. All sites have a 8 person limit. If you have more than 6 people in your camping party (per site), you can pay for the extra guest(s) when you check in at the office.
- Tent sites have a limit of three occupancy tents.
- Daytime visitors to registered campers are welcome at no charge. Visitor hours are 9AM – 10PM. Visitors must stop by the office to check-in. There is a 2 visitor limit. Campers are not allowed to let in visitors unless authorized by the office.
- For RV sites; holiday (Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend) and Martinsville Race Weekends require a 3-day reservation.
- Be sure that the site you choose is large enough to accommodate your RV / Camper and has the services you want.
Group Tent Camping Sites
We have two group tent camping areas for scouts or other large groups. These are primitive tent sites with two picnic tables and two fire rings. Access to the bath house and water is just a short walk away. These sites are priced per person, per night: $8 for adults and children 8 and older.
These sites are fairly large and can easily accommodate 30 to 40 people. Please call to inquire about group tent camping sites and availability.
Monthly Camping / Rates
We have designated monthly camping sites for seasonal campers and people who are temporarily working in the area.
Spring / Summer (May 1st thru September 30th) – $575 per month + electric. Electricity is sub-metered and billed at $0.14 per kWh.
Fall / Winter (October 1st thru April 30th) – $475 per month + electric. Electricity is sub-metered and billed at $0.14 per kWh.
First months rent and electric deposit are due at check-in. To reserve a campsite before your arrival, we take a 50% deposit. The balance of the first months rent and electric deposit are due at check-in. A $50 electricity deposit is required from monthly campers and the deposit will be applied to the final electric bill. Monthly campers must also set up a P.O. Box for mail and packages. No mail / packages are permitted to be sent to the campground.
Monthly rent is due on your initial check-in date for the following months. Electricity is due at the end of each 30 day period on your initial check-in date.
Note: There are no refunds (rent refund) for early departure for monthly campers. Final electric bill will be calculated and your $50 deposit will be applied. If your final electric bill is less than $50, you will receive a refund for the difference. If your electric bill is more than your $50 deposit, you will be billed for the difference. Unused monthly rent (early departure) is not applicable to pay electric bill.
- Gated security entrance
- Monthly campers can enjoy our laundry facilities (washer/dryer) in each men’s and woman’s bath house
- Outdoor pavilion for group party’s or gatherings
- Pool is open from May 15th thru Labor Day (For registered campers only. We do not have a public pool.)
- Wi-Fi ($20/month for monthly campers)
- Propane sales
- General store
- Dan River Adventures – tubing, kayaking and canoeing
Types Of RV’s / Campers Allowed At Dan River Campground
Safety is very important to us at Dan River Campground and River Adventures. Fire is always a hazard when living quarters are not built correctly and / or in accordance with modern manufacturing standards. Therefore, we do not allow the following;
- Home made “campers, RV’s or other indoor living shelters on wheels”.
- Van’s, trucks, buses or storage / animal trailers converted for use as a “indoor living shelter”.
- All RV’s (travel trailers, fifth wheels, class A/B/C RV’s, truck campers, pop-ups, etc) must be or have been manufactured by an established RV manufacturer. This ensures that the RV was manufactured in accordance with and passed safety standards at the time of manufacture.