Tube Prices – Single Tubes: $18 / Double Tubes: $40 (Scroll down for more details about tube selection and availability)
Tubing Adventure time is approximately: Updated during the season
River Adventure Hours of Operation – Wednesday thru Sunday (Closed Monday and Tuesday)
Tubing / Kayaking / Canoeing Adventure Time Slots
Wednesday & Thursday – Shuttle buses leave:
10:30AM / 12PM and 1:30PM. Last shuttle bus leaves at 1:30PM.
Friday thru Sunday – Shuttle buses leave:
9AM / 10:30AM / 12PM and 1:30PM. Last shuttle bus leaves at 1:30PM.
Due to the nature of the Dan River in this area, it is almost impossible to stop on or along the river or river banks. The current is slow but very strong. If you are in the water, you will get carried along by the current so all day tubing adventures or extended float times are not available.
In addition, the river bank(s) in this area are not state parks or public land, almost the entire river bank is private property between the 704 Bridge and Dan River Campground and River Adventures property.
Our Last Shuttle Bus Departs At 1:30PM To Take The Last Group Of People Tubing / Kayaking / Canoeing For The Day
We Do Not Shuttle Personal Tubes – No Exceptions
Dan River Adventure river tubes are commercial grade river tubes. They are made from heavy duty 30 gauge PVC vinyl and are about 4 times thicker than a “regular” tube that you would normally buy.
- The blue river tube w/ backrest & cup holder is our “standard” tube most people choose. It is big and roomy and offers a comfortable float.
- The blue double river tube is great for whenever two people want to share a tube. We also have strap on bottoms which can fit on one side to float with a child over 3 years of age.
- The red river tube has a solid bottom for small children who may need something to sit on. The red river tube is a full size tube (same size as the blue river tube) and anyone can use it who just wants a bottom. Due to the tube having a bottom, it is more difficult to get back into it if you should fall or get out of the tube than a tube without a bottom.
- The teal river tube has the same great comfort as the blue river tube, but has a mesh bottom that sits much lower than the red river tube. The mesh bottom allows you to get wet but allows limited storage for small items.
- The orange river tube w/ cup holder is a fun comfortable tube. We use this tube typically as a “back-up” tube when we run out of blue river tubes. However, a lot of times, people choose this tube for their river adventure.
Blue River Tube w/ Backrest & Cup Holder (standard tube) $18
Blue Double River Tube w/ Backrest & Cup Holders ($40)
Teal River Tube w/ Mesh Bottom, Backrest & Cup Holder ($18)
Orange River Tube w/ Cup Holder ($18)
Red River Tube w/ Solid Bottom & Backrest ($18)
When you reserve / book a river adventure you are renting equipment from Dan River Adventures. You are responsible for the equipment until it is returned to us. Equipment may include; tubes, canoes, kayaks, paddles, coolers, tubes for cooler flotation or personal flotation devices (life vest). In the rare event a tube is punctured and deflates, it is your responsibility, if possible, to retain the tube and return it to us.
We understand that accidents happen and that the river is unpredictable. Please read the following guidelines for rental equipment:
- Damage to equipment due to negligence, cigarettes, tied together tubes, or sharp objects will be billed to individuals accordingly.
- Customers are responsible for getting the equipment out of the river and up to the top of the river access.
- Equipment left in the river that floats downstream is considered lost and the customer will be billed accordingly.
- In most cases, tubes cannot be patched or repaired if the puncture is large. Only very small holes or pin holes can be repaired.
- We will determine if a tube can be repaired. Single tubes are $30 to replace, double tubes are $35 to replace.
The following measures will apply to all river adventures this 2020 season:
- Reservations are required. We will try and accommodate walk-ins, however, our capacity to take people to the public river access is limited, so there may be delays.
- New river adventure schedule / times; see below.
- Each person must wear a face mask when approaching or interacting with Dan River Adventure personnel. Face masks must also be worn on the shuttle buses until you arrive at the public river access point.
- Each person must sign a COVID-19 waiver form. This form holds harmless Dan River Campground and River Adventures for any flu-type illness, should you contract, after your river adventure.
- If you have been sick with fever (or any flu type symptoms) in the last 30 days, you will not be allowed to board our shuttle bus.
- Shuttle buses will be limited to a maximum of 10 people per trip.
- Shuttle buses will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each trip. Tubes and equipment will also be cleaned and sanitized.
To help keep us on schedule;
- Download, sign and bring your waiver(s) with you.
- Show up a minimum of 45 minutes early to check-in and turn in your waiver(s).
- If you brought a small soft-sided cooler, pouch or dry water bag, ensure it is packed and ready to go when we give our safety briefing.