Camping and River Adventure Information (Updated 7/24/20)
(Please Scroll Down and Read)
Camping – Open For RV & Tent Camping
We at Dan River Campground and River Adventures have been and continue to take the global pandemic seriously. We will continue to enforce compliance with all relevant federal, state and local ordinances regarding COVID-19.
Governor Roy Cooper has amended & extended Phase 2 of the North Carolina reopening until August 7th, 2020 at 5pm EDT:
North Carolina Phase 2 Reopening
- “Stay At Home” order has been lifted.
- When people are outside their homes, they are strongly encouraged to continue to promote social distancing, cleaning and other protocols.
- Mass Gatherings continue to be limited to no more than 10 people indoors or 25 people outdoors in a single confined area. A household is not considered a mass gathering.
- Face coverings recommended in outdoor public areas.
- Public Playgrounds remain closed.
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools may open subject to user capacity.
In Complying With The Guidelines Of Phase 2, Dan River Campground And River Adventures Will;
- Limit Bath House Use With A Maximum Of Three (3) People In Each Male & Female Side At One Time.
- Pool Is Open, And Will Be Limited To Ten (10) People At One Time. In Order To Allow All Campers To Enjoy The Pool, We Will Ask Campers To Limit Their Pool Time To An Hour Per Session.
- Dan River Campground And River Adventures Will Enforce Social Distancing, Mass Gathering Guidelines And Other Safety Protocols On The Premises.
- Violation Of General Campground Policies Or COVID-19 Policies Will Result In Eviction From the Campground.
COVID-19 Liability Disclaimer
Dan River Campground and River Adventures has put in place enhanced health and safety measures intended to reduce the spread of COVID-19. You must adhere to all property rules, as well as all health advisories issued by relevant governmental and health authorities, relating to COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene practices during your stay with us.
However, there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place and there is no guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19.
By your entry upon Dan River Campground and River Adventures property, you voluntarily assume, on behalf of yourself, minors in your custody or any other family members, all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after entering or visiting Dan River Campground and River Adventures property. Neither Dan River Campground and River Adventures nor any of its affiliates shall be responsible for any exposure to COVID-19.
River Adventures 2020 Season – We Are Open For River Adventures
During Phase 2 of North Carolina reopening, we must still practice social distancing and awareness while out in public places. Since we use shuttle buses to take customers to the public river access points, we are implementing temporary measures to help maintain social distancing practices and hygiene per the CDC & Federal government guidelines. The safety of our staff and customers is first and foremost.
- New river adventure schedule / times; shuttle buses will leave;
- Wednesday ~ Saturday: 9AM / 10:30AM / 12PM and 1:30PM. Last shuttle bus leaves at 1:30PM.
- Sunday: 10:30AM / 12PM and 1:30PM. Last shuttle bus leaves at 1:30PM.
- Reservations are required. Please fill-out our online reservation request form for all river adventure requests. We will contact you to complete your reservation or to let you know a certain date / time is not available. You DO NOT have a reservation until we have contacted you to get payment information. Simply sending a reservation request via our online reservation form does not mean you have a reservation.
River Adventure Office / Phone Hours: Wednesday thru Friday: 9AM – 6PM. Saturday and Sunday are our busiest days, therefore, it is not possible to answer the phone or return emails on those days.
Closed – Monday & Tuesday
The following measures will apply to all river adventures this season:
- Each person must wear a face mask or covering when approaching or interacting with Dan River Adventure personnel. Face masks must also be worn on the shuttle buses until you arrive at the public river access point.
- Each person must sign a COVID-19 waiver form. This form holds harmless Dan River Campground and River Adventures for any flu-type illness, should you contract, after your river adventure.
- If you have been sick with fever (or any flu type symptoms) in the last 30 days, you will not be allowed to board our shuttle bus.
- Shuttle buses will be limited to a maximum of 10 people per trip.
- Shuttle buses will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each trip. Tubes and equipment will also be cleaned and sanitized.
Camping – 2020 Season (Open Year Round, Pool Is Open Thru Labor Day)
The Dan River Campground is an intimate, quiet destination for RV and tent camping. The river front is just a short walk from the main campground. We have over a mile of trails and walking paths to enjoy. Bicycles can easily access the trails and paths. Tent camping season is March 15th thru October 15th.
The campground is less than an hour from Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Martinsville. It is also a short drive from Danville Virginia. Historic Madison and Mayodan are our closest neighboring towns. The campground is located off 220 but without the noise from interstate highways.
Daily, weekly and monthly camping is available throughout the season.
Camping Office Hours (April 1st ~ September 30th): Open – Wednesday thru Sunday 10AM – 6PM
Closed – Monday & Tuesday (Except for camping check-in)
Please leave a message during closed office hours / after hours and we will return your call.
Camping Only Inquiries: (336) 427-8530
724 Webster Rd, Stoneville NC 27048 (Apple GPS users use 722 Webster Rd, not 724 Webster Rd)