Camping and River Adventure Updates (Updated 5/28/20)
(Please Scroll Down and Read)
Starting May 21st at 5PM EDT, Governor Roy Cooper has begun Phase 2 of the North Carolina reopening;
North Carolina Phase 2 Reopening
- Stay At Home order has been lifted.
- When people are outside their homes, they are strongly encouraged to continue to promote social distancing, cleaning and other protocols.
- Mass Gatherings continue to be limited to no more than 10 people indoors or 25 people outdoors in a single confined area. A household is not considered a mass gathering.
- Face coverings recommended in public.
- Public Playgrounds remain closed.
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools may open subject to user capacity.
In Complying With The Guidelines Of Phase 2, Dan River Campground And River Adventures Will Reopen its Bath House With a Limit Of Three (3) People in each side at one time. Dan River Campground And River Adventures Will Enforce Social Distancing And Mass Gathering Guidelines On The Premises. The pool is now open, and will be limited to ten (10) people at one time. In order to allow all campers to enjoy the pool, we will ask bathers to limit their pool time to an hour per session.
River Adventures – Cancelled this weekend 5/29 thru 5/31 due to weather (Updated 5/28/20). Taking reservations for trips beginning Wednesday, June 3rd.
During Phase 2 of North Carolina reopening, we must still practice social distancing and awareness while out in public places. Since we use shuttle buses to take customers to the public river access points, we are implementing temporary measures to help maintain social distancing practices and hygiene per the CDC & Federal government guidelines. The safety of our staff and customers is first and foremost.
- New river adventure schedule / times; shuttle buses will leave every hour;
- Wednesday ~ Saturday: 9AM ~ 1PM.
- Sunday: 10AM ~ 1:00PM.
- The last shuttle bus will leave at 1:00PM each day.
- Reservations are required. Call: (336) 548-0080 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your email; indicate party size, equipment you want, day and time slot and PHONE NUMBER.
- If you are a “walk-in”, we will do our best to fit you into our schedule for that day.
The following measures will apply to all river adventures this season:
- Each person must wear a face mask or covering when approaching or interacting with Dan River Adventure personnel. Face masks must also be worn on the shuttle buses until you arrive at the public river access point.
- Each person must sign a COVID-19 waiver form. This form holds harmless Dan River Campground and River Adventures for any flu-type illness, should you contract, after your river adventure.
- If you have been sick with fever (or any flu type symptoms) in the last 30 days, you will not be allowed to board our shuttle bus.
- Shuttle buses will be limited to a maximum of 10 people per trip.
- Shuttle buses will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each trip. Tubes and equipment will also be cleaned and sanitized.
2020 Season – RV Camping Open Year Round
To Check Pricing / View Campsites & Amenities, Select A Date Range, Click “View Your Campsite”
We Have Group Tent Camping Sites For Scout Troops Or Other Types Of Groups. Please Call The Office For More Information And Reservations.
The Dan River Campground is an intimate, quiet destination for RV and tent camping. The river front is just a short walk from the main campground. We have over a mile of trails and walking paths to enjoy. Bicycles can easily access the trails and paths.
The campground is less than an hour from Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Martinsville. It is also a short drive from Danville Virginia. Historic Madison and Mayodan are our closest neighboring towns. The campground is located off 220 but without the noise from interstate highways.
Reservations are recommended, especially between Memorial Day thru Labor Day. Walk-ins welcome, but site availability may be limited.
Daily, weekly and monthly camping is available throughout the season. Monthly campers please call or email us for more information.
Office Hours (April 1st ~ September 30th):
Closed – Monday & Tuesday
Open – Wednesday thru Sunday 10AM – 6PM
Please leave a message during closed office hours / after hours and we will return your call: (336) 427-8530
724 Webster Rd, Stoneville NC 27048 (Apple GPS users use 722 Webster Rd, not 724 Webster Rd)